Controls Engineer -
Potential long term opportunity with one of our leading Global clients and zero travel!
Must have GM Standards knowledge and be proficient with Allen Bradley PLC, HMI, vision systems. GM classifications for GCCS and/or GCCH are highly preferred. May have CCS and/or CCH with the ability to take the global standards class.
- Provide controls and automation support to start-up and troubleshoot new and existing manufacturing equipment. Provide controls support for the build events and product acceleration and other project work. The assignment will be either 2nd shift (2pm - 10:30pm) or 3rd shift (10pm - 6:30am). 8 hrs. per day (possible overtime as required), and 5 days per week. There may be occasional weekend work.
- The controls systems follow GM standards utilizing ControlLogix, GuardLogix, CompactLogix with SmartGuard, MicroLogix, Siemens HMIs, and Fanuc robots.
- The equipment includes PLC controlled AGCs, ultrasonic welding, leak testing, electrical testing, material handling robots, and several vision systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience in applying Rockwell Guard Logix / RSLogix 5000 programming suite to automated equipment
- GM GCCS and/or GCCH certification.
- Prior experience in magnetic tape guided AGCs.
- Familiarity with Fanuc Global 2 robots and controllers.
- Strong knowledge in Siemens HMI / WinnCC programming suite.
Responsibilities include electrical (controls) engineering and electrical support for manufacturing areas. Manage electrical projects and operation improvements as well as periodic repair and replacement. Participate in functional area meetings to represent engineering and assist in improving the plant's performance goals.
Technical Support Activities such as:
- Controls modifications and continuous improvement (TIPS)
- Process Controls Management (i.e. error proofing, programming logic)
- Production and Maintenance Guidance (technical troubleshooting and direction)
- Planning Activities
- Launch Activities
PLC’s include AB: PLC5 and Logix5000
Knowledge of PM&C (Production Monitoring and Control) and PR&T (Production Routing and Tracking) would be good, also MDT Auto Save program (MASS)
Role: Controls Engineer
Apply for this job now.