Date: August 2018
Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist.
House Paws Animal Hospitals seek experienced dedicated, career oriented, team oriented, client care specialist having a professional mindset and desire to become part of an organization dedicated to a high standard of veterinary medicine and client service.
Will train in Veterinary specific knowledge which is a requirement to learn.
The client care specialist (receptionist) is the client’s first contact when calling or visiting the practice and as such represents the professional image of the practice to callers and visitors. The receptionist answers telephones, greets clients and prepares patient files, receives and relays client correspondence and updates client financial records. The exceptional client care specialist has the ability to diffuse negative client situations and foster client bonding. We want you to come to know and like the clients and their pets.
Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent, college preferred. Customer Service background required. Typing skills required. Some computer knowledge required; comfortable with Word, keyboarding, and use of communication tools such as Instant Messenger and email.
Significant experience with basic office functions in a busy office environment. Previous receptionist or client service, and veterinary practice experience are required.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms.
- Perform basic computer skills, type 30 words per minute.
- Have had experience with basic office functions in a busy work environment
- Physical Effort: Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Lifting up to 30 lbs (food, etc).
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Duties / Tasks
- Feel and express a genuine liking for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Can answer client’s inquiries about hospital policies and cost of routine procedures and products.
- Can maintain the appearance of the front office through cleaning and organization.
- Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Can display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients even when busy or hectic.
- Can work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
- Can answers telephones and handle calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner, using a multi-line telephone system.
- Can deal intelligibly, pleasantly and efficiently with clients, often doing several things at one time.
- Receives and relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly.
- Can accurately maintain an alphabetical filing system.
- Can greet clients, enters or updates client and pet (animal) information into practice computer system.
- Can outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
- Can prepare client invoices and obtains payments for services performed.
- Can educate clients on over-the-counter products such as shampoos and nutraceuticals; has full knowledge of heartworm and external parasite preventives to promote client education and sales.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Can turn phone-shoppers into clients through relationship building and bonding.
- Can easily remember clients and patients names.
- Has good computer skills and shows accuracy in inputting details.
- Can accurately handle payment transactions.
- Can handle client correspondence including procedure reminders, thank you cards, welcome cards, sympathy arrangements and cards.
- Can keep the front desk running efficiently and smoothly even when there are clients waiting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance and Paid Time off
Compensation is based on experience.
For more information, visit our Website at #removed#
House Paws seeks excellent individuals who seek to work in a team that always strives to improve, who never accept mediocrity and always seek to hep the pets and help the clients care for their pets and farm animals.
Role: Medical Receptionist
Location: Round Hill,
Apply for this job now.