Role and Responsibilities
· Safety: Uses caution and follows safety rules to protect self and others from injury throughout the operation. Reports injuries, unsafe conditions, equipment or practices immediately to supervisor.
o No near misses
o No safety violations
o No missed work due to injuries
o No unsafe work practices observed
o No violations regarding failure to wear Personal Protective Equipment( PPE) when appropriate
· Productivity: Plans, organizes and directs the Value Stream Manufacturing Team(VS Mfg. Team) to ensure the most effective utilization of all resources
· Cost: Initiates plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, material and capital
o Manage labor in an efficient and cost effective manner while still meeting all shipping commitments
· Planning: Sets daily production dispatch plans and overall training needs for the VS Mfg. Team. May provide work direction to non-direct reports assigned to support his/her VS line.
· Quality: Assures attainment of the VS Mfg. Team objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our expectations
o Understands and supports quality policies and implements guidelines to assure adherence to quality documents and ISO standards.
· Leadership: Establish group assignments and accountabilities for the Value Stream
o Encourage and facilitate the incorporation of Lean objectives and processes
o Implement manufacturing strategies and actions that support the company’s strategic initiatives (Lean and continuous improvement)
o Work effectively with all other departments to meet deadlines, objectives and ship dates.
o Meets with team members on a daily basis to review the Value Stream’s SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost) boards plus reports on progress during the daily Gemba walk.
o Ensure proper execution of the 5S program to include daily standard work completion, completion of daily audits, reporting of daily audits, and corrective action implementation to correct deficiencies.
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Qualifications:• 7+ years of line supervision experience in a design and MTO capital equipment environment required• Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on data trending and intuition. • Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and CI process. Familiarity to Six-Sigma methodology desirable but not required• Demonstrated capability to interpret data and trends and developing action plans. A must have. • Experience working in a highly engineered product line in a Lean Mfg. environment• Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures• Computer skills in Microsoft Office products. Able to input data and retrieve information from an ERP system• Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, work package and schedule• Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills so as to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email• Must have a successful track record of leadership, and calmly resolving conflict in a way that promotes teamwork and positive relationships• Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlinesEducation:
• Two-year degree in engineering related field or Certificate of trade school with 10 years’ experience in a related discipline.
Founded in 1955, Russelectric Inc. designs and manufactures integrated emergency and standby power control systems for mission critical facilities. Manufactured at facilities in Hingham, Massachusetts, and Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, the company's sophisticated power control systems, transfer switches, and bypass/isolation switches are widely used in advanced data centers, banks, hospitals, and other vital installations.
Role: Production Supervisor Manufacturing - Wirer Switchgear
Apply for this job now.