The Gas Estimator will prepare accurate and timely construction estimates for large scale complex construction projects including natural gas transmission, distribution, LNG and regulator stations. Estimates include all aspects of a project including materials, engineering, permitting, environmental compliance, construction, labor and equipment.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Prepare construction estimates based on engineering designs, drawings, site visits, contractual agreements and associated materials. Incorporate solid understanding of the gas utility construction process into complex estimates.
• Analyze key themes and trends to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced and included in the project estimate. Assists in developing the project schedule along with supporting the determination of staffing, overtime and equipment.
• Provide support for all standard construction estimating needs throughout Gas Operations to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced and included in construction estimates.
• Establish the likely progress and completion rates, including allowances for bad weather and unforeseen circumstances.
• Consult with vendors, personnel in other departments or engineers to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. Confer with Engineers on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Lead project teams in performing Quantitative Risk Assessments and Risk Registers
• Perform Monte Carlo Simulations and analysis on Risk Registers
• Revise and update the estimating system software to support storage and retrieval of estimating information and enhance efficiency and operability of the system. Assists in the collection and analysis of man hour and cost information from projects for the use of historical data.
• Review material and labor requirements to recommend whether it is more cost effective to perform work using In House Construction or Contractor Crews. Develop comparative estimates for management decision making.
• Monitor year-on-year accuracy of estimated costs and challenge business processes in order to ensure client is compliant with applicable regulations and deliver projects on budget. Perform planned versus actual evaluations upon project completions for costs and schedule. Document findings and develop improvement plans based on the analysis.
• Assists in writing technical procedures for the Department.
• Identify, analyze and mitigate potential project risks.
• Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
• Work independently to manage schedule and workload in order to meet need dates.
• Ability to see multiple relationships and impacts upon construction project outcomes. Able to identify likely effects or consequences to estimates at various levels. Understand the linkage of estimating to other core aspects of the business process such as scheduling.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Estimating, Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field.
• Or in lieu of a degree, 5 years of relevant work experience will be considered. This may include some college level courses and training.
• Proficient MS Office computer skills (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proven interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of planning, design, and construction process.
• Able to work and interact with various team members during all phases of projects.
• Must have a valid driver's license with safe driving history.
Preferences for Current Position:
• Professional Estimator Certification in AACE International, ICEAA, or ASPE.
• 5+ years of estimating work experience.
• Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles.
• Experience managing the unit costs library of professional estimating software programs.
• Knowledge of Success Enterprise, Sage Timberline or other estimating software application.
• Experience working in Gas Utility construction projects.
• Significant portfolio of completed construction estimates with documented success in actual results achieved.
We are one of the few staffing agencies trying to make a difference in the staffing industry by disclosing as many of the details regarding our open positions upfront.
• Allstates Consulting is an Ethical staffing operation, we will NEVER present your resume to our client without obtaining your consent.
• The majority of our clients are large employers hiring hundreds of contract professionals.
• On average, one out of 5 placements we make convert to a permanent employee.
• We offer full health/dental/vision and 401K benefits to all of our contractors.
Apply for this job now.