Our client, one of the largest privately owned travel consulting firms in the United States, has asked for our assistance in sourcing for a Senior Luxury Leisure Travel Advisor. Through extensive networking with preferred partners and industry relationships, this agency provides clients with exclusive rates, trip features, devoted service to business and leisure travelers alike, and much more. Their employees enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive team environment. They have a rare opportunity to join one of their agency partners working inside their New York City Headquarter offices. If you are consistently challenging yourself to provide stellar customer service and unique experiences for your clients then this may be the opportunity for you. Must have 5 years' experience as a travel advisor in the travel leisure sector and experience using Sabre GDS. Must also have extensive personal travel experience or time lived abroad. You may work out of NYC. New Canaan, CT or Purchase, NY offices. US Citizens and Green Card Holder Only.
- Provide full-service leisure travel assistance for clients including air, hotel, resort, cruise, restaurant, sightseeing, cars, events, etc.
- Check availability and process bookings on Sabre, handle client request from initial inquiry to client departure and follow up
- Offer multiple options for clients
- Trip research including destination, points of interest, regulations, etc.
- Email, fax and telephone requests and confirmations
- Follow up on last minute details, requests, changes
- Use preferred partner relationships for best availability, rate, and additional benefits to insure maximum access and highest service levels for clients
- Utilize agency contracts and rate desk to balance rate/revenue for client and Company
- Stay up to date through ongoing research on products and services through the use of the Internet, the Company Intranet, website, contact with sales representatives, industry publications, newspapers and other magazines
- 5+ years of experience as a travel advisor necessary
- Proficiency on Sabre GDS (Global Distribution Systems) a must
- Extensive personal travel experience or time lived abroad
- Ability to work well under stress and with tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients, supervisors and co-workers both verbally and in writing
- Must be proactive with an ability to work independently and in a team with direction from a manager
- Strong organizational skills required to maintain up to date and accurate records and client correspondence
Company offers a full menu of benefits including medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, 401(k) plan, AFLAC benefits, commuting benefits, IATAN and other industry benefits.
If you feel you have the necessary qualification, please forward or upload a copy of your resume and state your salary requirements.
A company of professionals who provide recruitment solutions for leading companies throughout North America. At RES we focus on permanent and contract placement. If you’ve been looking for employment and haven’t had any luck, allow our team of expert staffers to help with your job search. If you're an employer looking for qualified employees give us a call! With over 25 years of experience trust RES to help provide employment solutions.
At RES Consultant Group we work diligently to connect individuals with jobs that are in their field. Whether you're ready for a job within your field or you're exploring different career options, let RES help meet your employment needs.
Role: Senior Luxury Leisure Travel Advisor
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.