Head of Digital Services - Permanent - North Devon
Location: North Devon, UK
Salary: £45,000 to £48,500 (DOE) + benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an Institute of Further and Higher Education has three campuses across Devon. They offer some truly exceptional facilities and spaces where students can learn, practice skills and relax. As one of the South West's leading colleges, our client drives forward educational success in further and higher education and strives to raise the aspirations, knowledge and skills of individuals, communities and businesses in Devon and beyond. They offer an exceptional range of courses and qualifications.
The Head of Digital Services will support the Client's digital agenda and education provision and work together with their partnership colleges/schools to share best practice. The scope of the role includes leading and line-managing the digital team, and overview of the digital products and services. Managing relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure the client's digital presence is constantly improving. Having played a central role in co-ordinating and promoting the use of learning technologies in the classroom and in building the technological capability of all staff in a previous position, is essential to this role.
Ensuring that content development, partnership work and in-classroom work with educators are consistent and effective as well as using your expertise, enthusiasm, and people skills to provide just-in-time' support and to facilitate professional development training on a 1-1 and departmental basis, building on the foundations of digital education that have been established.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the Digital Service team.
- Leading on the Digital strategy and associated plans.
- Ensuring that the client has an effective, responsive and proactive IT service.
- Ensuring the management of information is secure, appropriate, timely, effective and informs the operation of the client.
- Supporting the Digital Learning team with other tasks as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
- Managing any external contracts providing digital services to the client.
- Ensuring excellent customer service, especially through the Help Desk, for staff, learners and customers.
- Co-ordinating and promoting the use of learning technologies in the classroom and build the technological capability of all staff.
- Ensure that content development, partnership work and in-classroom work with Educators is consistent and effective.
- Leading the Digital First agenda.
- Ensuring the client is data and information rich, with effective and timely reports. There should be one single source of truth.
- Providing the Leadership Team with timely business analytics, to inform decision making.
- Promoting technology use that supports excellent teaching and learning.
- Inspiring, encouraging, and supporting teaching staff with creative and interdisciplinary technology projects.
- Providing 1-1 and group training, working with the Head of Quality Improvement to establish a model of instructional coaching as part of their professional development.
- Delivering fast and effective support to Educators who need help with their device or a technology tool.
- Creating online training and documentation to facilitate sharing of best practice and providing solutions to common issues.
- Building on the existing good practice in the use of digital education platforms and apps such as Teams to facilitate further innovations in technology use for the benefit of all staff.
- Working closely with the Deputy Principal Education & Learners, the Curriculum Directors, and the Head of Quality Improvement to develop understanding of new education technologies.
- Any other tasks as deemed appropriate
To apply for this Head of Digital Services permanent job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavours to respond to all applications, however this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Services is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.