$70000.00 to $75000.00 yearly
This reputable company is seeking a Controller through Robert Half who has a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department. In this role, it will be critical for you to plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. This role's duties will require leading with integrity and reliability and having the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. We're looking for creative team players with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing. The Controller will be a permanent employment opportunity and will be located in the Indianapolis, Indiana region.
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Handle monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Review and revise deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet expectations
- Produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and manage daily cash
- Manage the creation of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Flexible in completing tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctualJob Requirements:
- Top notch analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Command of QuickBooks
- Strong familiarity with month end closings
- Foundational knowledge in journal entries
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Prior work done in public accounting is desired
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Past work in technology, analytics and management experience highly valued
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.