This position is responsible for managing relationships with our current customer base and developing new relationships with potential customers with the object to increase customer satisfaction, gross margin, and sales by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible customer management, direct sales, development, and implementing of estimate
processes, procedure, and controls for customer projects to include but not limited to: schedules, resources projections, equipment, and budgets required.
• Responsible for managing the bid invitation and communication by requested time and providing appropriate feedback to assist the customer’s needs.
• Responsible for overseeing the accuracy of all Structural Steel & Miscellaneous Estimates.
• Participate in weekly shop production meeting to understand and determine work requirements.
• Ensure time studies are reviewed on an annual basis and appropriate modifications are made.
• Develop policies, procedures, and work instructions as need to ensure standards are in place.
• Ensure all estimates have pricing from multiple subcontractors.
• Direct Estimating Department in meeting sales objectives and goals.
• Plan, direct, and implement sales programs for one Structural & Miscellaneous Metals.
• Maintain contact with key markets and customers, while maximizing potential volume.
• Plans and directs sales and estimating activities to maximize profit from all segments of the market.
• Empowers team with a managerial style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to
• Industrial engineering, or related field or a combination of relevant work experience.
• 10 years’ experience in the Steel Industry with a minimum of 3 - 5 years in Sales.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience managing and leading a team.
• High energy level/outgoing personality
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to work through bid process and address customer needs and requests while balancing business needs.
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, supplemental benefits and more. Annual incentive program!
Role: Estimator for a Structural Steel and Miscellaneous Metals Manufacturer
Apply for this job now.