Hondros College is searching for a Student Services Associate to work at our Toledo / Maumee Campus. This is full-time hourly position complete with a competitive benefits package.
The Student Services Associate is responsible for assisting in managing the campus, ensuring classrooms are set-up, and that the campus is clean and well organized. The position will conduct class welcome scripts and manage the collection and reporting of student participation. This position is ultimately responsible for the on-campus student experience from start to finish and beyond as students become alumni.
The Student Services Associate is also responsible for effectively selling Hondros College of Business products and services to prospective and existing students over the telephone, via the Internet or by responding to a walk-in campus visitor. In addition, the individual is responsible for cultivating leads via outbound calling to prospective students and hiring managers, with the goal of meeting all class capacity goals.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the day to day operations of the campus including but not limited to; welcoming students to campus, ensuring facility is always clean, organized and all technology is functioning, ensuring that students have the necessary learning materials, providing class opening materials to instructors including class rosters, attendance sheets and other materials as needed, managing walk-ins who may be interested in learning more about our programs.
- Up-sells/cross sells educational materials and supplies.
- Monitors and manages class goal reports ensuring class registration goals are met or exceeded.
- Reviews site and company statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and reports findings.
- Build and maintain relationships with company partners in your market area. Notifying your partners of upcoming class offerings as you look to ensure classes are at capacity or above.
- Responsible for business development in your market area through relationship management and outreach usually conducted via the phones.
- Service inbound customers via phone, internet and walk-in. Effectively sell Hondros College products and services to inbound callers, website visitors and walk-ins while providing excellent customer service. Focus on converting inquiries into class registrations.
- Process inquiries and registrations received via the Internet, fax, mail or phone message as assigned.
- Conduct daily outbound calling to develop and cultivate prospects including students and hiring managers.
- Collect and document customer feedback as received.
- Conduct fingerprint scans for customers or students who are in need of a federal or state background check.
- Executes daily office management tasks for Hondros Family of Companies.
- Participates and assists with on and off campus recruiting events, i.e. Career Night, Information Sessions, industry update meetings and job fairs.
- Assist with various special projects including but not limited to; labeling, folding, stuffing, course guide mailings and other duties as assigned.
To be successful the Student Services Associate has individual and team performance goals that center around meeting minimum performance standards in:
- Quality of Service
- Sales Effectiveness
- Overall Contribution
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in a related field with Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for customer service excellence
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional office environment
- Retail / Sales experience preferred
- A desire to learn and to work as part of flexible and energetic team
Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements, work in progress, and/ or work completion. Strong interpersonal skills combined with a genuine concern for people, a good memory for names and faces, and the ability to listen and to relate with people of all ages and walks of life are required for this position. The ability to utilize active listening skills to ascertain areas of need, define problems, and determine possible solutions to meet expressed needs is also required. This position requires professionalism, competence, tact, diplomacy and a positive demeanor in the performance of all duties and when interacting with people within and outside the organization.
Able to use math to add, subtract, multiply or divide and may work with fractions, decimals, or percentages.
Most work is basic to moderate complexity and requires some judgment depending on departmental needs. Able to follow instructions and directions requiring normal periods of concentration. May require the ability to decide on a course of action and direct others in that course of action. Must be able to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to reasonably envision future needs and plan accordingly.
Valid Driver's License preferred
Routine physical demands for office environment. Operates all office equipment such as computer, copier, facsimile machine, printer and telephone. While performing the duties of this job employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
Office. Exposed to minimal hazards in the office. Occasional travel outside the office is required and some evening and weekend work is also required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, an updated resume and the names and contact information for three professional references through the “apply now” link on the career page of our website at #removed#/careers. Hondros Family of Companies offers a comprehensive benefits package; a professional, yet fun working environment; and the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. (EEOE)
Hondros Education Group, part of Hondros Family of Companies, is one of the premiere real estate, appraisal, mortgage, insurance, and home inspection education providers in the nation. We offer online and live courses, comprehensive exam prep solutions, textbooks, webinars, instructor materials, technical support and so much more for students and partner companies alike. Building on over 50 years of experience and educating over 1 million students, we are acutely aware of the educational challenges in the industries we serve. We embrace those challenges and offer a flexible approach with customized solutions and support that makes both our students’ and partners’ jobs easier. It’s that kind of legacy that stands behind every quality Hondros product and service.
Hondros Education Group is the parent company presiding over Hondros College, Hondros Learning, CompuCram, Learn Mortgage, Hondros College of Business and Arizona School of Real Estate and Business.
Role: Student Services Associate (Toledo Campus)
Apply for this job now.