Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Welder for our location in Birmingham, AL. Reporting to the Weld Supervisor; this person welds commonly used metal and alloys of various shapes, sizes and thicknesses.
· Welds HSS to block cast alloy
· GMAW .045 (MIG) solid bare wire used to weld in all positions 2G, 3G, and 4G. Overhead, vertical and horizontal
· Fabricates or repairs products according to blueprints, weld symbols, layouts, or work orders by welding metal components together
· Must be able to read blueprints and know the weld symbols
· Must be able to read a tape measure and understand adding and subtracting fractions
· Must possess a working knowledge of welding materials and equipment
· Work in a safe manner
· Other duties as instructed by weld supervisor
The ideal candidate for this role will have a high school diploma, welding certification, and at least three years of previous welding experience.
- Bend, twist, stoop, sit, kneel, crawl, push and pull. Able to reach in all directions
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time to cover 10 - 12 hour shifts
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Be able to work day or night shift
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
Zekelman Industries is the largest independent steel pipe and tube manufacturer in North America. Along with our operating divisions of Atlas Tube, Wheatland Tube, Picoma, Sharon Tube, Z Modular, and Western Tube, we are the most trusted and comprehensive resource for structural application-specific tubular steel products and solutions in the country.
Producing approximately 2.5 million tons of pipe and tube annually in our 15 manufacturing plants, we pride ourselves on having the knowledge and expertise to deliver your steel pipe and tube solutions throughout North America.
Apply for this job now.