Teaching Personnel are currently working exclusively with a number of Secondary Schools in the Cranbrook area who are looking to recruit effective behaviour mentors to support their students who are at risk of exclusion.
This type of role offers a varied and ever changing environment in which members of staff work flexibly to support vulnerable students with emotional, social and mental health difficulties. The schools we are working with require day to day support as well as long term placements.
Those who have experience in the following areas would be of particular interest:
- Youth work
- Sports Coaches
- Support work and residential care
- Learning mentor in secondary environment
- Prison officers/ tutors
- Graduates from relevant disciplines (Psychology, Sociology, PE)
The main duty of this role is to work with the existing team supporting students in developing their confidence and motivation along with their self-esteem whilst increasing school participation. The successful candidate will play a large role in increasing pupil aspirations to achieve both professionally and personally.
If you want to truly make a difference to those pupils who need a little extra support to recognise and reach their own potential then this role could be for you.
What you will need to apply for this role:
- Enhanced (Child Work Force) DBS
- 2 Recent References
- Have a full UK driving license and have access to a car
In return we can offer:
- Outstanding support package within school
- Competitive rates of pay
- Access to CPD academy and accredited training courses
- Guaranteed work scheme (T&C's apply)