Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Project Controls Engineer in Amarillo, TX.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
- Work with project leads and stakeholders on small to large projects that involved Primavera (P6) schedules.
- Position will require application of project management practices, including Earned Value Management (EVM), for development of schedules.
- Will develop project schedules and integrated master schedules, which will be maintained throughout the project life cycle while tracking changes.
- Will develop and examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Examine requests for budget revisions, recommend approval or denial and draft correspondence.
- Produce resource-loaded schedules, associated progress reporting and project analysis.
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of budgets.
- Duties may also involve coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production or other operations schedules.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in Primavera (P6).
- Knowledge of or experience with project controls practices and principles, including work breakdown structure development, duration management, schedule logic and dependencies, critical path analysis, change control, cost engineering, estimating, Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), status reporting, and what-if analysis.
- Should understand basic accounting principles.
- Ability to resolve complex issues, strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communications skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, Primavera, cost planning, and financial management software is preferred.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities.
- CNS is looking for candidates that use P6 in their daily work and not managers
- Knowledge of project control systems, DOE reporting requirements, schedule development, maintenance and status, as well as of knowledge scheduling software.
- Active Q clearance desired.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability