Receptionist and Office Administrator - £19,637 to £21,939 per annum dependent on experience - Edgbaston, Birmingham
Are you an experienced Receptionist / Administrator with strong administration skills and a welcoming and professional manner? If so, Hallfield School are looking for a full time (all year round) Receptionist and Office Administrator to join our front office team.
Working 08:00 to 17:00 on Monday to Friday, the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for parents, pupils and visitors, in a role that is equally weighted between customer service and administration, as you will be providing daily administration support to departments across the school.
Some of the key responsibilities of a Receptionist and Office Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- To act as the first point of contact for the school, welcoming visitors and responding to telephone and email enquiries in a professional, helpful and positive manner.
- To welcome and assist pupils coming in to the Front Office. This includes supporting with meeting and greeting outside the School and escorting pupils to locations as required.
- To communicate with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information, between parents and teachers. This can include calling parents to ascertain reasons for pupils' absence.
- To provide administrative support to the Heads of Pre-Prep and Prep in the following areas, to ensure key information, cover and correspondence is kept up to date and communicated effectively:
- After Care
- Holiday Club
- After School Clubs
- To monitor the school email account, responding to enquiries or forwarding messages to the correct recipient as required.
Hallfield School is a flourishing co-educational independent day school in the leafy outskirts of Edgbaston. Founded in 1879, Hallfield School offers a stimulating and challenging curriculum for youngsters to enable them to grow, develop and learn in a happy, secure and purposeful environment.
We welcome children from three months to eleven years old to a top-class education within our stunning 20-acre site where success is showcased in the classroom, on the sports fields and in the school hall every single day.
- 30 days' annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Death in service benefit
- Free onsite parking, access to onsite gym facilities and free lunch during term time.
The key skills, experience and qualities required to be a Receptionist and Office Administrator:
- A confident, experienced Administrator with general reception and administration experience gained within a customer focused environment, ideally within a school or similar setting.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; demonstrates a polite, professional, approachable and positive manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain good professional relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues; Strong team player with a flexible and supportive approach and solution-focused attitude.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills with an ability to work in a calm and efficient manner even under pressure.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills; Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently as required, showing initiative but equally identifying when to escalate a matter.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding the importance of confidentiality and data protection; Familiarity with a school management information system (MIS) wo