Our client has thrived by providing world class custom spray drying services to leading companies in the most quality-conscious industries. By constantly investing in facilities, equipment, and people to meet evolving needs, the client ensures unsurpassed service, both now and in the future.
Client provides an advantage over other contract manufacturers, as well as spray drying internally. This advantage takes many forms, including provisions with Lower Net Product Costs, Increased Yields, Consistent Quality, Expanded Range of Particle Sizes, Improved Logistics, Increased Capacity Opportunities, State-of-the-art Equipment, Greater Control Over Portfolio Management, and Enhanced R&D.
The Plant Engineer will provide engineering support to Operations and Maintenance necessary to sustain spray drying plant operations.
- Manage, direct and follow-up on maintenance work that includes building, grounds, equipment and structures.
- Carry out necessary maintenance administrative functions such as work order management, purchase orders and PM documentation.
- Partake in compliance audits and inspections.
- Making sure plant safety regulations are followed, monitor safety equipment inspections, and taking action on discrepancies.
- Aid in environmental compliance documentation, and permit maintenance.
- Develops and processes improvements to increase yields, reduce energy/utility consumption and reduce down-time.
- Records improvements and prepare training materials for operators and maintenance technicians.
- Research alternate technologies for support equipment to reduce cost, which will include using project management tools such as CPS and budget estimates.
- Review stock with maintenance personnel for adequacy/obsolescence and add/update CMMS/COGZ documentation as needed.
- Write and examine procedures for maintenance and operations from manufacturer's documentation or as directed by management.
- Create and process documentation including P&IDs, material balances and control drawings.
Required Education/Skills/Experience :-
- B.S in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficiency in reading and writing English.
- Broad technical background involving process operations, and electrical & mechanical equipment.
- Ability to trace and identify pipes in the building, and compare to existing drawings or create hand drawn sketches.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Potential to use CAD is a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Aptness to wear a respirator.
Powered by JazzHR