COMPANY: EVOLUTION RECRUITMENT SOLUTIONS LTD
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
We are looking to hire multiple DevOps Engineer for a leading technical consultancy to work on exciting Azure/ Multi Cloud Solution projects.
Are you a true technologist who likes to keep up to date with the latest technology in DevOps and Cloud (in particular Azure) and want to work for a company that will value this and invest in you? If yes then please send your details through asap as this is a very "urgent" requirement.The DevOps Engineer Role b>
The Digital Platforms team produce web platforms for enterprise clients, providing complex solutions in content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery.
You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
Reasons to Apply:
- You will get to work with the latest technology in large scale environments. li>
- Huge investment from the business - You will get the time and investment to gain industry recognised certifications. li>
- Opportunities to attend conferences and be a guest speaker where appropriate. li>
- Projects at the forefront of containerisation technology, we really need people who already have experience with containerisation but you will certainly get to build on this knowledge. li>
- Work on projects that have a huge impact on millions of people in the country. li>
- Strong focus on team work and knowledge share. li> ul>Key Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer b>
You'll have a good understanding of cloud and architecture for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services we are delivering; focusing on simplicity, decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment.
You'll have a good understanding of cross discipline and matrix teams, where the industry is heading and be incredibly collaborative. You'll leverage the depth of knowledge and skills within the team and help shape the organisation culture and technology in the right direction.
There will be an opportunity for you to be involved in some of the following.
- Actively creating DevOps ways of working by removing silos between traditional functional teams li>
- System provisioning and automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening. li>
- Be responsible for the health and upkeep of the critical services. li>
- Working alongside other engineers in the industry, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from the start to the end of the project lifecycle. li> ul>The Ideal Candidate b>
- Working in high availability production environment li>
- Strong understanding of Cloud technology b>- Specifically Azure b> li>
- Continuous Integration b>using any of the following - Hudson, Jenkins, Concourse, Drone or Bamboo li>
- Containerisation b>- Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm li>
- Good knowledge of the Hashicorp Suite b>- Packer, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant li>
- Solid understanding of Open Source Technology b> li>
- Exposure to monitoring tools b>like Nagios li>
- Programming skills in any of the following - Ruby, Go, Python, Java or strong scripting skills li>
- Agile b>methodologies li>
- Previous exposure to basic networking li> ul> If you don't have skills/ understanding of everything detailed above this is not an issue, it's about finding the right person with a genuine passion for technology.
The Company b>
Leading global IT consultancy with an excellent reputation of providing high level IT services. This section of the business is purely focused on Digital and DevOps with a passion for collaboration and innovation.
This is very urgent requirement and an opportunity to join an incredible organisation, please apply asap or contact Dave Macpherson asap.
Role: Azure DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, West Midlands
Apply for this job now.