This position works on an as needed basis covering shifts in our programs that require staffing 24/7/365. This position is nonexempt and starts at $11.91 / hour.
Substitute Workers provide services to clients who participate in TLCS programs. Services include independent living skills training, crisis intervention, mediation and other related social and mental health services. Being a Substitute Worker gives hands-on experience in social rehabilitation for persistently psychiatrically ill adults including homeless individuals with a psychiatric diagnosis. It can serve as an entry step into a dynamic and innovative program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least two (2) to four (4) years (FTE) experience in the mental health field providing direct mental health services (Mental Health Assistant II (MHA II)).
- Work experience with persons who have substance abuse problems, preferably individuals who are dually diagnosed (mental health & substance abuse) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of 12-Step Programs and/or personal experience with substance abuse recovery is highly desirable.
- Provide own automobile, possess a valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance. Driving record must meet, and continue to meet, the underwriting standards established by the generalized driving guidelines used by our insurance broker.
- Must have at least 3 or more years of driving experience.
*Ability to pass clearance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and/or Department of Justice (DOJ) background screenings a must
TLCS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Our agency embraces a diverse & culturally rich workforce, and we welcome all candidates to apply. EOE
FINAL FILING DATE: Until Filled
For details and how to apply, please visit us at: #-opportunities
TLCS, Inc. is growing and expanding. We are looking for dynamic, committed individuals to join our team. If you want to be part of the solution in our community, we are looking for your talent and expertise as we transform and empower the lives of people with mental illness by supporting independence and preventing homelessness. TLCS is a highly respected, award winning provider of a full array of mental health and supportive housing services in Sacramento County, and we need you to bring your compassion and support to the most vulnerable in our community.
Role: Substitute Mental Health Worker
Apply for this job now.