SEN Primary Teaching Assistant
I am currently working with a two-form-entry primary school near Horsforth, Leeds, who are looking for a specialist SEN teaching assistant to work 1-1 with a pupil in year 2.
Working as a teaching assistant you will be required to support this pupils transition back into the classroom by having a calm and reassuring manner, liaising with parents and carers about the child's behaviours and emotions and by being encouraging and pro-active with them. The pupil is in the process of being diagnosed autistic and requires additional support in class to remain focused and manage behaviour outbursts that can disrupt class learning
- Hold at least a Level 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a calm and patient manner with the ability to think on your feet
- Be engaging and enthusiastic towards students progress at all levels
- Have experience working with children and young people (special educational needs experience is not essential)
- Be looking to pursue a career in education
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Hold an advanced DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for one, Teaching Personnel can support with this.
If you think the above position is what you have been looking for or would like