Prepares product for forming; includes batch, colors, flavors, vitamins, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients
· Tend or operate and control equipment
· Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
· Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
· Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
· Record production and test data, such as processing steps, temperature and steam readings, cooking time, batches processed, and test results
· Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary
· Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps
· Turn valves or start pumps to add ingredients or drain products from equipment and to transfer products for storage, cooling, or further processing
· Clean, wash, and sanitize equipment and cooking area, using water hoses, cleaning or sanitizing solutions, or rinses
· Measure or weigh ingredients, using scales or measuring containers
· Tend or operate and control equipment such as kettles, cookers, vats and tanks, and boilers, to cook ingredients or prepare products for further processing
· Collect and examine product samples during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity, acidity, or specific gravity
· Input data, recipes, or formulas to determine cooking times and temperatures, and ingredient specifications
· Pour, dump, or load prescribed quantities of ingredients or products into cooking equipment, manually or using a hoist
· Monitor product flow
· Activate agitators and paddles to mix or stir ingredients, stopping machines when ingredients are thoroughly mixed
· Operate auxiliary machines and equipment
· Operates process within specified processing parameters designed to meet customer specifications.
· Operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results
· Operates at desired production rates
· Ensures that Operation complies with GMP and HAACP guidelines to ensure food safety and meets customer specifications
· Ensures that facility operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results
· Ensures that the facility operates at desired production rates
· Ability to work additional hours as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 15 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Basic math and computer skills are preferred
- Willing to be trained
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required
The Promotion In Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM), is one of North America leading manufacturers and marketers of popular brand name confections, fruit snacks and other fine foods. The company was originally founded in 1979 and incorporated in 1980 by its current President and CEO, Michael G. Rosenberg. Based in Allendale, New Jersey, PIM is privately owned and is one of the 100 largest candy companies in the world.
Promotion In Motion manufactures and markets licensed, proprietary and private label brands produced largely through its manufacturing affiliate PIM Brands, LLC, located in Somerset, NJ. The company also has wholly-owned subsidiaries in the U.K., Canada and Spain and maintains offices, warehouses and manufacturing sites throughout the United States, Canada and other locations worldwide.
Role: Batch Maker
Apply for this job now.