Chip Manufacturing Support Engineer (Consultant)
2 year contract
As a Chip Manufacturing Support Engineer, you are the coordinator and interface between the chip manufacturing plants and our customers. After an extensive training by our team, you get the responsibility of the entire process of tape out of the custom chips designed by our customers.
- Check and guarantee the quality of chips, designed by our international customers. You do this based on the documentation provided by the manufacturing plants and knowledge you gain from the team and past projects.
- Prepare the chip design for fabrication at the foundries and help the customer with final sign-off ('go' for fabrication). You do this with the help of the most advanced CAD software programs.
- Have technical discussions with our customers to guide them in this sign-off process.
- Guide the customer in getting the required foundry information and documentation before, during and after the chip design and manufacturing.
- Follow up the projects from start to end and assure that all project milestones are met.
Required knowledge and skills
- We are looking for candidates with a Master of engineering degree in electronics (“industrial engineer”) or equivalent by experience, with a strong interest in electronics and the fabrication of chips.
- We attach great importance to the following core competences: taking initiative, being client-oriented, being punctual, teamwork and drive.
- We expect that you are a strong communicator and can speak and write English fluently enough to support our international customers. You can adequately judge problem situations, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.