To expedite your application, please apply at: #-associate/
We are looking for Career Minded Warehouse Order Selectors to join our team located in Plymouth, MN! Currently hiring Full Time and Part Time Order Selectors (Order Fulfillment) roles. Monday-Friday schedules with a 12 noon start time for 2nd shift.
Responsibilities include daily distribution activities, productivity, and quality within the assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety, quality and productivity performance and operational expertise. These positions will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. order filling, shipping, receiving) on a regular basis.
- Perform one or more distribution-related functions that allow, as the business requires, assignment across various functions such as checking, picking, packing, replenishment, bin/bulk order fill, bin/bulk stocking, shipping, receiving/returns, sorting, or loading (as applicable to operation). Assignment to other functional tasks may be done on a daily or less than daily basis. Warehouse Associates, on occasion, may operate a pallet jack to move product around. Forklift Operators will perform loading, unloading and/or picking of product and materials using powered lifting equipment to move product throughout the facility. May operate stock picker, sit down/stand up equipment, reach truck, etc.
- Contribute to a safe work environment through continuous focus on housekeeping and safety.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our company’s core values.
- Interact with supervisors, leads, and/or work groups with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.
- Participate in the implementation and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvements to the distribution process in a group setting.
- Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication)
- Basic computer skills (accessing and navigating the internet; familiar with the keyboard; opening, closing and saving documents)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
- Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
- Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
- Basic level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is a plus (start shift early and/or stay until the work is complete)
- Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
- Experience in general labor, construction, or other related fields
- Familiarity with pallet jack, forklift, or other industrial vehicles.
PAY, BENEFITS, and WORK SCHEDULE:
The Minneapolis Distribution Center for Office Depot is located in Plymouth, MN (3 minutes South of Hwy 55 on I-494 and minutes West of Minneapolis. Monday - Friday work schedules with an occasional weekend overtime opportunity. Office Depot offers competitive salaries with a starting pay of $14.00/hour, Full Time benefits include a supreme benefits package, which includes a 401(k), company discounts, paid time off within the first year, 6 paid observed Holidays, and more, along with an abundance of opportunity to advance and grow within our organization!
Please go to #removed# and click Search Jobs and then Apply Now. Type in Plymouth in the location search field and click search. Click on the job posting title to begin the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of business services and supplies, products and technology solutions through its fully integrated omni-channel platform of approximately 1,400 stores, online presence, and dedicated sales professionals and technicians to small, medium and enterprise businesses. Through its banner brands Office Depot®, OfficeMax®, CompuCom® and Grand&Toy®, the company offers its customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, growing and running their business.
Once upon a time, back in 1986, Office Depot OfficeMax consisted of a single store located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. The vision: a place where customers could purchase office supplies in bulk for very low prices.
Fast forward 31 years, and here we stand, a multi-billion-dollar, business leader. Instead of just one store, we’ve grown to 1,400 retail stores in North America. Instead of just a few associates, we’ve grown to over 38,000 associates across Retail, Sales and Supply Chain serving our millions of valued customers.
As we look ahead to the future, we are focused on remaining the world leader in office supplies, services and solutions. Our goal: to find new and exciting ways to help our customers take care of business. So if you’re ready to turn “business as usual” upside down, we’re ready to meet you!
Role: Warehouse Order Selector - 2nd Shift
Apply for this job now.