An industry leader in plumbing & HVAC repair is seeking a Junior Plumbing Estimator to join their growing team in Lynbrook, New York. This position will report directly to the Change Order Manager.
Responsibilities of the Junior Plumbing Estimator:
- Assist in the coordination of estimating efforts relevant to scope changes for specific designed projects
- Review proposal specifications and drawings in order to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate with base job and prior changes
- Support Senior Estimator in preparation of estimates by calculating complete takeoff of the scope of work
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Follow prior change requests as approved and terms of the awarded contracts (may include revising existing change estimates and credits etc.)
- Consults with clients and field personnel to discuss when necessary in order to formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reasons for any discrepancies
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, and procuring material
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
- Perform additional assignments as needed per supervisor's direction
Requirements of the Junior Plumbing Estimator:
- 3-4 years of relevant experience preferred
- Undergrad degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience
- Must have knowledge of Excel, including spreadsheets
- Ability to read and understand mechanical/architectural drawings
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A self-starter; motivated; seeking advancement
- All other relevant training will be provided
Compensation of the Junior Plumbing Estimator:
- Great benefits
- Awesome work/life balance and great culture
Please apply today to be one of the first candidates considered for the role!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!
Role: Junior Plumbing Estimator
Apply for this job now.