Voted one of the best places to work by the Health Service Journal (HSJ), Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) is one of a new generation of NHS community Trust's working across Hertfordshire.
We provide a range of health services for adults and children who live across Hertfordshire.
Our services are vast and range from school nursing and health visiting for children and young people, to district nurses, diabetes services, rehabilitation in community hospitals, as well as other specialist services for adults and children.
Our Trust provides a wide range of care in people's homes, children's centres, local health centres and in its community hospitals. We employ around 3,000 members of staff who are at the forefront of NHS care and support.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and encourage applications from candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. We support staff to achieve a better work-life balance through a variety of flexible working arrangements. All applicants who have a disability and meet the minimum 'essential' criteria for the post as detailed in the person specification will be interviewed.
We are committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our Trust Values underpin the work we do each day, and we welcome applicants who share the same values.
The Queen Victoria Memorial (QVM) Hospital Bed Based Unit is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Staff Nurse to join our innovative and forward looking rehabilitation team. The unit caters for adults 18+ who require rehabilitation following illness, surgery etc. There is a well established multidisciplinary team of nurses and therapists who work closely together to enable the patients to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- have NMC registration
- experience in providing excellent patient focused care
- work in a friendly and supportive environment
- be encouraged to progress their career development
- be able to work shifts covering 24 hours per day within a two shift pattern, 7 days a week, including public holidays
- have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is desirable (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
In return, we can offer you:
- Part time hours to accommodate your work/life balance (working days can be negotiated at interview)
- In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a minimum payment of £1,017 and a maximum payment of £1,762 per annum (pro rata where applicable).
- Generous contributory pension
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- Special Leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Discounts
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust is voted as one of the 'Top 100 Best Places to Work' (HSJ/ Nursing Times). Our CQC rating of is 'Good' and we are one of a new generation of community health service trusts. We have built up a reputation for quality and excellence and our vision is to become a leading light in the provision of innovative programmes of care which maintain and improve the health and well-being of the people of Hertfordshire.
Hertfordshire came top in the uSwitch Better Family Life Index 2016, we were voted the best county to raise a family.
For further details / informal visits contact:
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]