Welder – Maintenance Department Hiring Two Associates
Primary purpose of position
The primary functions of this position are to maintain and fabricate new steel fixtures and jigs which are used in the operating systems of the facility.
This is done using electric arc welding equipment, ox/acetylene torch and minor forming tools. Rod Welding (stick), Mig and Welding mild steels to ¾ inch.
Position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager, and/or Plant Manager, who may also provide work direction.
Hours of Duty
Will train on 1st shift M-F 7am to 3:30pm. One associate stays on 1st shift and other goes to 3pm-11:30pm and potential some nights and weekends.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To fabricate steel fixtures for the production operation;
- Modify existing jigs as required by the production operation;
- To submit drawings or sketches, parts and/or material list for the creation of new fixtures/jigs; or for the repair of existing units;
- Lead or direct others in the construction of new or repair fixtures;
- Assist the Maintenance Department in repair and construction, as required;
- Perform general buildings and grounds maintenance as required;
- Repair and modify existing steel components as required in a maintenance function;
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition;
- Follow established company rules and regulations and safety precautions;
- Understand, maintain and perform work according to quality and environmental standards;
- Additional Skills/Tasks may be added to meet the business need;
- Safely Operate and Maintain all Welding Tools and Equipment.
- Additional Skills/Tasks may be added to meet the business need.
Repair and Maintain the following Systems:
- Industrial Welding Machines, such as; AC/DC arc welding units, portable or gas-fueled welding units, wire feed units, ox/acetylene torches;
- Inventory Management of consumable components, such as: welding rods, cylinder gases, metals for stock and other components;
-Peer and Management Information Sharing.
-Team Meeting Participation.
Task % of Time
- Perform major repairs fixtures/jigs 40
- Construct new fixtures/jigs 20
- Assist Maintenance group in machinery repair 10
- Perform weekly cleaning10
- Organize the facility and inventory 10
- Maintain a safe facility 5
- Communicate with others 5
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must have and be able to provide proof of a high school diploma or GED, or 2-3 years military service.
- Possesses welding skills and knowledge, certifications
- Independent working conditions.
- Ability to follow general directions.
- Ability to spot problems or potential problems and take initiative to correct them.
- Understand concepts of the production environment.
- Basic verbal, math, writing and communication skills.
- Individuals must be authorized to work in the U.S and able to provide two forms of identification.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in outdoor fabrication and maintenance or working within continuous process production systems.
- Preference will be given to individuals with heavy fabrication, industrial welding or construction maintenance experience.
- Any unemployment must not have been severed due to involuntary reasons other than forced reduction or layoff.
- Shift work experience preferred but not required.
- Successful candidates will be tested and interviewed for: Mechanical, Welding, Electrical and numerical aptitude; space visualization and perceptual speed; communication skills.
- The ability to work shift work including nights, weekends or holidays, based on demand and an 8- hour shift schedule.
Outdoor environment may be subjected to extreme temperature, wetness and / or humidity.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Will do interview and weld test.
Performance Staffing Solutions helps customers build and manage contingent workforce solutions. We take contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire staffing a step further, helping you see contractor hires as part of the big picture of your people plan.
Since 2007, PSS has been a trailblazer of recruiting practices, building recruitment success on the value of quality people. Our insistence on ‘candidate quality first’ is core to effective recruiting for clients like you who need proven staffing services.
Our business was started with one goal...providing our customer’s peace of mind.
Role: Stick Welder
Apply for this job now.