Port Agent - VR/21690
Our client, a specialist logistics provider, is looking for a Port Agent for their team in Cheshire. You will be there to provide a 24/7 on call service to ships owners and crew, ensuring the safe and swift turnaround of all vessels when in Port.
Duties of the Port Agent:
Skills/Experience Required for the Port Agent:
- Ensure excellent ship agency services are provided to all customers
- Liaise with clients and port services on a daily basis
- Ensure all shipping documentation is completed and delivered on time
- Ensure all items/requirements are promptly ordered/confirmed
- Board vessels as and when required
- Be willing and able to be involved in out of hours and weekend work as part of a rota
- Previous Port Agency experience or alternatively currently working within the shipping sector
- Excellent organisational and customer service skills, possessing strong attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate initiative and proactivity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload effectively, and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment
- Full valid driving licence
If you're interested in the Port Agent role, click apply now, or email our Shipping team on #removed# <#removed#>
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, 'project managed' approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit's mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.