SAFETY MANAGER -
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Administer the company safety program, providing revisions
• Create and administer new company health and safety initiatives as appropriate.
• Advise field staff, temporary employees, and customers on health and safety issues.
• Conduct safety inspections and job site evaluations at branch and customer job sites.
• Make recommendations to reduce/eliminate incident occurrence and severity.
• Manage safety and injury after-hour calls.
• Monitor and distribute information as necessary.
• Train field staff to administer the company health & safety program at the branch level.
• Perform health and safety program compliance audits to identify problem areas and provide recommendations for corrective action as needed.
• Coordinate activities of all outside agencies that impact safety. Maintain good working relationships with all agencies and follow up as needed on recommendations and/or citations.
• Participate, manage, and provide support for field safety employees and entity safety
• Review customer service agreements as needed for safety analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
•. Bachelor's degree in industrial safety or related field with 2-3 years of relevant experience preferred.
• Experience dealing with OSHA, safety engineering or basic principles of safety/risk management.
• Knowledge of worker's compensation system and protocols.
• Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Valid driver's license with clean DMV report.
• Good organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
• Customer service skills (dealing with customers in addition to branch staff and temporary employees).
• Experience in program implementation.
• Regular and extensive travel between various company sites across the United States will be required.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand spoken English. Similar abilities in Spanish is desirable.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business forms, manuals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, guidance e-mails, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal staff, temporary employees, and customers.
• Ability to stay task-focused and work independently.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with an assortment of variables. Ability to follow instructions completely and consistently.
Physical Demands: Ability to regularly stand, walk, climb and use hands to feel objects, tools, and controls. Ability to lift or move 20 to 50 lb. suitcase and/or other materials. The stamina to travel regularly and extensively throughout the United States while working long hours.
Details: Predominately office environment, either at branch locations or corporate office. Frequently required to visit customer job sites where conditions vary.
LaborMax Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
Role: Safety Manager
Apply for this job now.