- Wires electrical control panels, wiring cabinets and sub-assemblies according to written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
- Point-to-point wiring of internal panel components such as PLCs, relays, motor starters, and VFDs.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas.
- Position, align or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Assists with quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
- Responsible for working safely at all times and maintain a safe work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree in Electrical or Electronic Technology preferred.
- Minimum one-year experience in a manufacturing environment wiring electrical control panels.
- Mechanical aptitude to assemble components
FPEC Corporation is an equipment manufacturing leader for the meat, poultry, prepared foods, and pet food industries.
Role: PANEL SHOP TECHNICIAN
Apply for this job now.