NOVA Home Loans is hiring a Pre-Funding Quality Control Auditor!
This position requires extensive knowledge of underwriting guidelines (Conventional and FHA). A strong background in processing or underwriting is highly preferred.
Who We Are:
NOVA Home Loans has served the needs of homeowners and home buyers since 1980. We believe in the American dream of home ownership, and we are committed to providing an efficient and friendly home loan experience to each of our clients. We deliver home-grown customer service that goes above and beyond what an ordinary mortgage lender can provide. NOVA Home Loans is committed to offering a program that meets our employees' needs for health and wellness, peace of mind, financial security, and provides a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent work experience within the mortgage industry is required.
- Extensive Mortgage Processing and Underwriting experience highly preferred
Examples of Duties:
- Audit Conventional and FHA files to confirm adherence to current guidelines/investor overlays.
- Review all aspects of the credit package including AUS, credit reports, income, assets, purchase contracts, title reports and appraisals.
- Communicate findings to appropriate branch personnel and to the Director.
- Complete required checklists and reports to serve as a record of audit findings.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; communicate effectively and tactfully will internal customers, almost exclusively via email.
- Attention to detail, healthy sense of urgency, high level of dedication to quality
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage lending policies and best practices required
- Be able to calculate income from multiple sources, including from self-employment and rental properties.
- Familiar with Conventional and FHA underwriting guidelines and investor overlays.
NOVA benefits to full time employees include Employee Discount, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, Health Savings Account with employer contribution, and an Employee Assistance Program.
NOVA Home Loans is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. NOVA Home Loans is a background screening, credit check and E-Verify workplace.
Monday - Friday