- Do you have an interest in Special Educational Needs?
- Are you passionate about enabling children and young people achieve independence and success?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to observe trained and highly skilled Teachers and Therapists?
TeacherActive are working with a lovely SEND School based in Stoke-on-Trent, who are looking for Teaching Assistants who tick all of these boxes to join their team as soon as possible.
The School supports children and young people between the ages of 3-16 years old, focusing on academic, social, emotional and personal development. The students present with a range of SEN needs, including:
- Autism (ASC)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
Your role may involve providing ad-hoc or dedicated 1-1 support to specific children and providing whole-class support in lessons. You'll also help maintain the learning environments, assist with administration and provide ad-hoc management or support with challenging behaviour.
The roles are term time only Monday to Friday and flexible! Daily rates will depend on skills, experience and the role you will be completing.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- Knowledge and experience of behaviour management.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
- The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
- Makaton and/or PECS experience/training is highly desirable.
When working through TeacherActive, you will receive:
- A team of dedicated consultants working to source your perfect role
- A great referral scheme *Terms and Conditions apply*
- The opportunity to find placements in a huge selection of schools around AREA
All of our supply staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you're paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance and there's no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard earned cash.