Wage: $12.00 an hour
The Shuttle Driver (CDL) is responsible for transporting guests to and/or from the hospital and local areas in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner using safe driving practices. The Shuttle Driver (CDL) is also responsible for maintaining the vehicle activity and maintenance logs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates vehicles that seat 16 or more people (including the driver).
- Provides timely shuttle service to customers.
- Personally welcomes customers boarding the shuttle.
- Stops at designated points to load and unload passengers.
- Advises passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Conducts shuttle inspection to ensure customer and employee safety and brings any defect/damage to the attention of the supervisor.
- Performs pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Maintains the vehicle’s appearance and notify the manager if the vehicle requires servicing.
- Knows and follows all traffic laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances.
- Maintains a clean, neat work environment.
- Promotes good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Maintains appearance appropriate for providing best-in-class customer service in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provides excellent customer service in every interaction.
- Maintains safe, clean and neat work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to work information (in accordance with HIPAA).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/ GED and 3 years of commercial and professional driving experience.
- Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger endorsement and present a safe and most recent driving record.
- Must possess current Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Must be able to work legally in the United States.
- Must pass background and drug screenings.
- Able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Required to meet immunization or health screening requirements.
- Knowledge of how to operate various types of passenger van motor vehicles.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for customer service and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in the elements (heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.).
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distance.
- Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
Role: PRN (As Requested) CDL Shuttle Driver- Beacon Behavior Clinic
Apply for this job now.