We are looking for a Senior Optical Engineer to join our Product Design Development Team, working on unbelievably cool product applications. On the personal development side, you will not only master many aspects of next generation digital optics, but potentially take your career path a decisive step further in a vibrant fast growing company with room for employees to grow.
- M.S. in Optics, Physics, or a related Engineering discipline, with 10+ years industry experience or equivalent.
- Proficiency in set up, use and alignment of optical components and related test equipment
- Excellent optical design skills with Zemax / Code V
- Experience with tolerance analysis, polarization analysis
- Experience with optical system design and trade offs
- Familiar with optical alignment tools and techniques
- Familiar with lasers and light sources
- A mix of R&D + Product Development experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Excellent cross-functional teamwork skills
- High energy and drive to work in a startup environment
- Proficient with Matlab / Labview, or equivalent environments
- Practical knowledge of microdisplay technology a plus
- Knowledge of diffractive + holographic technology is a plus
- Experienced in assembly of optical systems, including handling and cleaning of optics, interpreting technical documentation, describing optical system components and assembly procedures
We're leading the way in diffractive waveguide optics for augmented and virtual reality applications, serving the aerospace, automotive, government and consumer electronics market. Our breakthrough technology stack and nanomaterials help deliver the best in class AR and VR displays.
This is an opportunity to hit the ground running as the company grows--fast! The market is predicted to exceed $165 billion by 2024.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
We’re on a mission to enable the next generation of AR displays. Do you have what it takes to make a significant impact?
Role: Senior Optical Engineer
Apply for this job now.