We are seeking a Behavior Interventionist to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing behavior & academic programs for students with Austism Spectrum Disorder and/or other special needs that focus on decreasing maladaptive behaviors and increasing social, communication and adaptive skills.
- Implement Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) programs under the direction of the Supervisors (BCBA, Teacher, Lead Behavior Therapist).
- Manage students individually, in small group and large group settings.
- Establish and maintain rapport with students.
- Data collection & documentation related academic and behavioral goals.
- Support & collaborate with the intervention team.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Direct intervention 1:1 or small group within the school & community based environments.
- Follow Supervisors’ direction when implementing the ABA program.
- Work independently and problem solve challenging situations.
- Work in a team-oriented environment.
- Be creative when implementing programs to ensure the client is learning in a fun and effective environment.
- Create program stimuli per supervisors’ request.
- Collect data daily for each program.
- Graph data daily.
- Correctly enter time daily on company approved time keeping system.
- Maintain student data book in an organized manner.
- Communicate any questions regarding programs to Supervisor(s) immediately.
- Notify Employee Relations and Supervisor(s) of any work related concerns (i.e. harassment, grievances).
- Notify Employee Relations and Supervisor(s) of any injuries on the job.
- Notify Supervisor(s) of any client injuries, complete and assist with required incident reports.
- Follow laws and regulations for mandatory reporting of child and adult abuse.
- Communicate any parent information regarding scheduling conflicts and/or changes in the clients’ schedule to the assigned Supervisor.
- Communicate with assigned supervisor regarding any change in status, problems, or intent to change any aspect of the behavior/educational program.
- Participate in ongoing supervision, including direct observation by Supervisors.
- Follow through on directive given by Supervisors pertaining to BI responsibilities, performance, and program implementation.
- Maintain professionalism at all times, including professional behavior and attire.
- Attend and participate in team meetings as scheduled.
- Submit all paperwork on time with regards to schedules and Employee Relations required documents.
- Respond to all company communication within 24 hours.
- Set up and manipulate environment for therapy session to decrease any distractions and ensure safety of the client and self.
- Direct work with students include the following physical demands: sitting, kneeling, squatting, running, twisting, lifting, turning, reaching above shoulders, frequent physical transitions.
- Professional, positive attitude & appearance
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal/communication (written & verbal) skills
- Reliable, trustworthy, ethical & resourceful
- Ability to work independently & in a team-oriented environment
- Cleared Tuberculosis Test, up-to-date as required by California Department of Education
- Cleared Live Scan fingerprint clearance as required by California Department of Education
- Training and/or education related to working with Autism preferred
- Experience working with children preferred
- Comfortable working in school & community environments
Precious Hearts Academy is a Non Public School for students with autism and developmental disabilities in San Bernardino, CA. We provide behavior intervention support for our students with a wide range of behavioral concerns in the academic school setting. We are looking for energetic and compassionate Behavior Interventionists to work in the classroom from Monday to Friday.
We serve students by approaching their needs both individually and as a part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team which include licensed experts in behavioral, speech, and occupational therapies.
Role: Behavior Interventionist
Location: San Bernardino,
Apply for this job now.