DG3 is currently searching for an experienced individual to lead our fast paced Digital Print and finishing team on the 2nd Shift. The primary role of this position will be a working supervisor that can oversee, lead, operate and maintain color output for HP Indigo 12,000 and B &W OCE as well as digital finishing equipment. Including but not limited to offline coating, cutting, saddle stitching, perfect binding and wire-o.
- Support personnel in meeting quality, turn time, and production goals on a daily basis
- Communicate effectively with the Digital Operations Manager informing and updating on production status of team
- Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates
- Supervise shift employees and maintain appropriate staffing levels to manage workload with minimal overtime
- Monitoring workflow to ensure on time delivery and client commitments are met
- Ensure the completion of all duties of personnel with a minimum of waste and proper use of equipment
- Provide training of personnel to ensure they have the skills for efficient performance of their duties
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure SLA’s are met and/or exceeded
- Produce weekly reports on profitability, impressions and differential related to account
- Operate and maintain HP Indigo presses, including tracking and recording of all maintenance performed by operator or HP tech.
- Support B&W production line of Oce Press along with operation of offline equipment. (i.e. saddle stitch, guillotine cutter, folding, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage all inventory supplies to ensure minimum waste and spoilage
SUPERVISORY/ LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise Digital Print Production team
- Frequently monitor quality and instruct employees how to maintain quality standards
- Facilitate departmental cross training and development for each employee
- Prioritize and schedule jobs for overnight production
- Consumable ordering management
- Data collection management
- Initiate and implement necessary corrective action
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are appropriate and adhered to
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in the operations of HP Indigo Press (12,000), HP certifications in advanced operations is preferred
- Knowledge of digital finishing equipment
- Must understand all aspects of digital/variable data printing, software, production workflow and staff loading balance
- Capture and record all job data into internal IMS system
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment professionally and with tact
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay in control while working in a continually changing, deadline driven work environment
- Scheduling and planning skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience utilizing digital press software; color printing and mechanical troubleshooting
- General knowledge of management principles and controls relevant to manufacturing operations.
- Ability to perform all digital and digital bindery functions
- The position requires being active for the duration of the workday, a very careful hand and eye, and ability to self-regulate in an autonomous work environment. May also be required to operate Digital finishing equipment, packaging and shipping.
- Work is produced with quick turnarounds and candidate must be dependable, flexible, and have the ability to work overtime with little notice.
- Candidate must be detailed-team, and goal oriented and capable of multi-tasking
Statement: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
It is DG3 North America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to provide equal employment opportunity and individual growth opportunities to all Associates in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and Executive Orders as well as all implementing regulations.
DG3 is recognized as a leading global provider of print and visual communications services. At the heart of our success is a team of dedicated people devoted to quality, innovation, and our clients. A career at DG3 is truly a unique experience. As our innovations increase and our product offerings multiply, our vision, values and culture continue to take shape and escalate our people and company to the next level.
At DG3, our colleagues are driven by our vision to be the best-in-class visual communications firm in the world. We embrace diversity and, with offices in some of the most diverse markets in the world, find it to be one of our secrets to success. We have established a means to attract voices across races, genders, ethnicities and religions and use those differences to break new ground. It is that same belief that allows us to live our vision every day.
Role: Digital Print Shift Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Location: Jersey City,
Apply for this job now.