We are currently seeking a candidate to serve as Landscape Construction Foreman. Job duties include:
- Direct, supervise, and work with field crew.
- Operate skid steers, compact excavators, tractors, Hydro-seeder, power tools, and other specialized equipment.
- Manage and conduct:
o Residential and commercial hardscape and softscape projects including natural stone and precast pavers and retaining walls, Green Infrastructure, pond and fountain installations, planting, seeding, hydroseeding, soil preparation, and erosion control material installation.
Chemical and mechanical weed control.
o Native habitat restoration projects including tree and brush cutting and removal, planting, seeding, soil preparation, and erosion control material installation.
- Manage time, productivity, project budgets, and material record keeping.
- Maintain and repair mechanical and power equipment.
- Load trucks and expedite field crew on daily basis.
- Have a positive attitude most of the time
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a landscape foreman managing and conducting residential and commercial hardscape and softscape projects.
- Minimum of 9 years experience operating equipment including skid steers, compact excavators, tractors, chain saws, etc.
- Class A CDL license w/tanker endorsement or ability to obtain license within first month.
Category 3.0 Lawn and Ornamental Pesticide Applicator certification or ability to obtain certification within first month. Other categories acceptable.
- Ability to identify local ornamental and native plants.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate landscape plan drawings and specification documents.
- Ability to document labor hours, materials, and equipment used on a project.
- Prescribed burn training a plus.
Founded in 1996, Marek Landscaping, LLC is a design-build firm located in Milwaukee, WI that practices sustainable design, construction, and stewardship of the land. With low-impact design methods, we use native plants and natural materials to design and construct ecologically functional systems for aquatic, wetland, prairie, and woodland restorations, shoreline stabilizations, stormwater solutions, green roofs and walls, multi-use trails, and public and private parks and landscapes. Current construction projects include bluff, shoreline, and wetland restorations, and green infrastructure for large public projects, non-profits, and private residences.
We are a small closely held firm with a community spirit and active culture. We want our team to grow together and we invest in our employees training. We’re especially interested if you share our love of the outdoors, ecology, and quality workmanship along with a strong desire to make a difference. One thing everyone here does share is a passion for something outside themselves, whether it’s for skiing, birding, or music, tree climbing or gardening, biking or community activism.
Role: Landscape Construction Foreman
Location: City of Milwaukee,
Apply for this job now.