New Product Development Engineer
Aka Project Design Engineer; Manufacturing Engineer; Process Engineer
This position is located in Deland, Fl and is not eligible for relocation assistance.
The New Product Development Engineer manages new product launch efforts by creating project plans, designing and qualify the necessary fixtures and generating production/quality documentation. Provides engineering support and expertise for existing and new products by resolving manufacturing issues in an ISO regulated environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working hand in hand with the plant management and resources to accomplish site and company goals.
- Responsible for designing, detailing and qualifying the necessary fixtures, coiners, benders, pick & place components that are required for the program.
- Responsible for all facets of NPD (New Product Development) from support for sales development to conversion to production steady state as well as legacy part support.
- Driving continuous improvement throughout the site.
- Responsible for communicating project and program status and schedule to management and other stake holders
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of Injection Molding, metal working, heat treatment
- Must have worked in a regulated environment (ISO 9001/13485)
- Working knowledge of product design, materials, processes, tooling, production equipment, and quality control standards
- Working knowledge of injection molding processes and mold design
- Working knowledge of tooling, automation, fixture design, machining and metal forming
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques
- Strong statistical expertise including:
- Working knowledge of 3-D CAD (Solidworks)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to read blueprints including a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work alone or in groups
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Education, Experience, & Training:
Must be a degreed engineer with a back ground in mechanical design, project and program management. Must have Injection molding experience. PMP certification a plus.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
This position is in a manufacturing environment, and is subject to dirt, dust, grease, and oil, as well as loud noise high temperatures for extended periods of time. For consideration, applicants must have the willingness and physical ability to lift up to 40lbs unassisted, as well as push & pull, stand, and squat. Physical ability to lift, pushes, or pull racks/trays into and around the furnace room. Ability to wear a respirator mask.
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.
ARC Group Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARCW) is a leading global advanced manufacturing and 3D printing service provider. Founded in 1987, the Company offers its customers a compelling portfolio of advanced manufacturing technologies and cutting-edge capabilities to improve the efficiency of traditional manufacturing processes and accelerate their time to market. In addition to being a world leader in metal injection molding, ARC has significant expertise in 3D printing and imaging, advanced tooling, automation, machining, plastic injection molding, lean manufacturing, and robotics. ARC's mission is to bring innovation and technology to manufacturing.
Apply for this job now.