We are seeking a highly skilled nursing assistant to join our growing healthcare team. In this position, you will provide patients with care and tend to their daily needs. A keen attention to detail, patience, and compassion are required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Change linens and provide new bedding, blankets, and pillows
- Assist with all grooming habits including bathing, dressing, brushing hair, etc.
- Assist patients with eating and drinking at mealtime
- Help patients use the bathroom
- Assist with any daily exercises or mobilization efforts patient has been prescribed
- Ensure patients are comfortable in bed; adjust bed settings and/or reposition/turn patient as needed
- Take vital signs daily (weight, blood pressure, pulse etc.); record eating habits and bodily functions
- Help transport patients, including lifting them out of bed to use a walker or wheelchair
- Talk with patients and patient’s family, providing them with compassionate company and listening to their questions and concerns
- Monitor and record patient daily activities; report any drastic changes to a nurse or physician
- Maintain supplies, restock when needed, and notify supervisors if running low
- Transport medical equipment in and out of rooms according to patient requirements
- Answer and attend to patient calls for help; take necessary action according to protocol
- Follow state and federal mandated standards and procedures
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Completion of state-approved Nursing Assistant education program
- Strong knowledge of basic medicine and medical equipment
- Experience in caretaking
- Basic computer and record keeping skills
- Physical and mental stamina; ability to work long hours on one’s feet and lift 25+ pounds
IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON from 7am to 7pm all days of the week at the front desk,
EOE, Smoke Free Facility, Drug Free Workplace.
Role: State Tested Nursing Assistant FT/PT/PRN
Apply for this job now.