Do you want to enable children and young people who have been taken into care to have the best possible start in life? Would you like to get paid to go rock climbing, go swimming, do arts and crafts, play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of young people? Are you someone that wants to make a difference in the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for?
Vetro Social Care has an amazing opportunity for a Childrens Residential Support Worker to join a friendly, settled Childrens Residential Service in Shrewsbury, supporting young people between the ages of 14-17 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
- Title: Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Salary: £26,090 - £29,216 (sleep allowance included)
- Location: Shrewsbury
- Hours: Full-time, 39 hours per week (169 hours a month)
- Shift pattern: 8am-11pm sleep 7:00am-8:00am
- Rota: Mixture of long days and 24-hour shifts (including weekends)
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinemas
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- £1000 pay rise when qualifying in QCF
What you will be doing as a Childrens Residential Support Worker
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, to enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Childrens Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual's care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
The successful candidate:
What you will need to be a successful Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Experience as a Childrens Support Worker, working with Young People or other social care experience - DESIRABLE
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time - ESSENTIAL
- You must be over the age of 22 - ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People - DESIRABLE
Do you want to make a real, measurable difference in the lives of young people?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. If you think you're suitable for this Childrens Residential Support Worker role, then click the 'apply' button below.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.