This position is an Engineering Technician for Field Assurance that will be responsible for maintaining the day to day activities in the Biohazard and Decontamination Lab. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting Field Assurance Engineers with complaint samples and assist with writing findings. The right individual must have a technical background in R&D or QC Inspection and a minimum of 1-year experience using microscopes, calipers, micrometers, and rulers.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain biohazard and decontamination lab. Responsible for ordering supplies, maintaining inspection tooling, shipping samples, maintaining inventory, performing safety checks, and cleaning lab.
2. Perform decontamination on samples received from the field.
3. Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
4. Maintains a professional working relationship with internal and external customers and support staff.
5. Assists in developing physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met.
6. Develop, document, and qualify inspection and test methods procedures.
7. Develops a working knowledge of, and assists in the completion of, Risk Assessments/FMEA, Design Verification/Validation Test Plans, and Process Validation Master Plans.
8. Conducts testing outlined in protocols.
9. Executes validation testing on equipment and processes.
10. Trains on understand and follow company procedures and regulatory requirements.
11. Participates in and provides input to training on department and division procedures, and policies.
12. Participates in project planning, scheduling, and tracking.
13. Plans and coordinates engineering test build (e.g., inspection and testing).
14. Analyzes design, process and test development problems.
15. Must have technical writing skills.
16. Familiar with biohazard and/or cleanroom laboratory environment (bio-hazard gown).
Technical writing skills.
Basic interpersonal skills - active listening.
Software application skills.
Basic problem-solving / troubleshooting skills.
Oral and written presentation skills.
Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
Basic descriptive statistics.
Collection and analysis of data.
Perform testing per written directions.
Ability to read engineering drawings.
Lab Safety Skills.
Role: Field Service Technician
Location: Salt Lake City,
Apply for this job now.