Job Description PMC Organometallix, Inc.Job Description
Division: OrganometallixDirection: Maintenance ManagerJob title:Electrical Engineer Situation in organization
(enclose a copy of your organization structure)The Electrical Engineer reports to the Maintenance Manager. Job dimensionsThe purpose of this position is to prepare, submit and implement Capital Proposals (<1MM) on Instrument and Electrical projects. Provide technical support on all major electrical and instrument systems (including specifications on all major projects) that are required to operate the Carrollton plant. Reviews work areas for loss potential and loss control opportunities. All activities of this position will be consistent with the Plant’s loss control objectives.ActivitiesSpecific job activities include:· Troubleshoot and rectify plant Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) issues.· Promote automation and standardization at the Carrollton Plant.
- Technical Support: provide Technical and Management support to respond to Plant emergency needs during off hours, weekends and holidays. Monitor Electrical Call-out List and perform necessary problem-solving during off hours.
- Projects: Prepare, submit and implement Capital Projects within defined budget and schedule constraints. Prepare proposals to allocate capital for current year, complete carryover projects, and complete current year's projects. Complete PSSR's on all projects prior to start up. Track costs of capital projects.
- Decision Making Authority: expenditures of capital funds for approved projects (with higher approval); schedule project work; piping and equipment specifications; plant mechanical standards; engineering design for Capital Projects; Drawing approval.
· Conduct safety reviews on all capital projects including Pre Startup Safety Reviews.· Coordinate Contractors with Production downtime.· Plant Construction standardization.· Utilize plant equipment standards and specifications. Follow Management of Change (MOC) Procedures.· Participate in planned general inspection audits.· Implement projects in a manner to reduce and control risk.· Participate in the annual review of applicable engineering codes, standards, procedures and regulations.
- Maintenance Weekend Duty Supervisor. Backup for Maintenance Supervision as needed.
- Improve Preventive Maintenance quality.
Context and environment
The Electrical Engineer will reside in the Maintenance office building and will spend time in the maintenance and production areas of the plant.Qualifications / experience required
· BS Electrical Engineering· Up to five (5) years experience in a chemical manufacturing or other heavy industry preferred· Strong electrical/instrumentation control training or experience· PLC/Computer experience preferred· Working understanding of 480 volt 3 phase power distribution preferred
- Familiarity with all major engineering disciplines
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
· Excellent computer, interpersonal and organizational skills· Must be able to successfully work in multi-functional teams
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to positively interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Role: Electrical Engineer Job Type: Location: Cincinnati, Apply for this job now.