CONSTRUCTION MANAGER TRAINEE
Associate is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the community from inception to move in. Assisting in quality control in construction. Coordinates with office and maintains accurate written records of BuildPro, inspection sheets, changes in the community, trade partner invoices, daily log of occurrences in the community, maps and conditions of occupancy. Learns all aspects of construction to perform as a Construction Manager in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists with all aspects of construction which include offsites and onsites
· Assist in scheduling and insures the workmanship of all trades by inspecting and approving trade partner’s work
· Insures that the work is in compliance with city or county requirements and building codes per municipality
· Maintains records of all changes on the community, such as change order and/or purchase orders
· Responsible for record keeping, such as inspections and corresponding paperwork
· Approves all trade partner invoices with regard to work completion and quality
· Maintains daily log of all occurrences on the community
· Coordinates (in combination with the Construction Manager) with the Purchasing Department regarding budgets and quality of trade partners
· Coordinates with various managers/departments regarding plans and specifications
· Coordinates with Customer Care Representative on quality and walk-through preparation of homesites for move-in
· Assists with the overall appearance of the community, and cleanliness/completeness of inventory homes
· Insures timely home completions and deliveries
· Coordinates with Construction Manager and New Home Consultants on delivery schedule
· Coordinates compliance with conditions of maps and conditions of occupancy
· Rotates from community to community as needed to assist Construction Managers with daily work flow and vacation coverage
· Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Two (2) years’ minimum experience in residential home construction
· High school diploma or GED required
· High degree of construction knowledge and management skills
· Valid driver’s license and state mandated vehicle insurance
· Good writing skills and detail oriented
· Basic skills in Microsoft Office
· Ability to multi-task while meeting various deadlines
· Comply with and implement company policies and procedures
· Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
· Interact well with co-workers
· Strong work ethic
· Accept constructive feedback
· Team player
May require the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, walk on uneven surfaces, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of fifty (50) pounds. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
One of America's leading homebuilders!
Since 1954, we've had the privilege of helping hundreds of thousands of families across America move into the next stage of their lives with a new home.
We build homes in some of the most desirable cities in the nation and for all stages of your life: first home, move-up home, or a multigenerational home to accommodate your changing family needs. Our communities cater to all lifestyles and include urban, suburban, active adult and golf course living.
Role: Construction Manager Trainee
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.