This position is responsible for the daily site construction work efforts assigned to you by leadership.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations at assigned sites.
- Maintain daily paperwork required for the site and the crew.
- Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by leadership.
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements at your sites and with your crew.
- Compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort.
- Upload closeout documentation to customer interfaces.
- Coordinate with customer representative for site related activities and maintain a good working relationship with customer representative.
- Provide leadership, guidance and actively train / promote learning to all crew members.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
- Job related certifications
- First Aid, Safety, Rescue, Wiltron, Anritsu, Fiber, PIM, CPR and Connector attachment
- Organizational, computer and communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, RFDS, construction drawings and SOW.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and comply with company motor vehicle policy.
- If applicable, the ability to maintain FDOT log books
- Training will be provided
- Recognize and provide a safe work site with acceptable quality and efficiency.
- Ability to lead, teach and train proper work and safety procedures.
- Must be able to provide, record and manage paperwork (Excel, Word etc)
- Must be fit and in good physical condition
- Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and be cable of working up to 12 hours on occasion.
- Individuals must have a valid driver's license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
- Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary, and be willing to travel extensively.
MasTec Network Solutions provides turn-key installation services to the wireless industry in designing, supplying, and supporting technology solutions for the commercial and government verticals. MasTec Network Solutions provides a full suite of Site Acquisition and Construction services nationwide. From green field construction to site modification & maintenance services for traditional tower and rooftop installations, stealth sites, indoor & outdoor DAS systems, smart wireless LAN systems and small cells MasTec Network Solutions has the team of professionals that can deliver the project on time and on budget. MasTec Network Solutions prides themselves in their professional project management services, telecommunication infrastructure development services and their rapid deployment disaster recovery teams. MasTec Network Solutions is fully qualified and staffed to handle upgrades and maintenance on HVAC, generators, power plants and batteries. MasTec Network Solutions has performed tens of thousands of site & shelter inventories, site inspections and tower mappings. The company's solutions also include a logistics management solution that is a Web-based portal that enables tracking and reporting of equipment in a warehouse/staging center environments. MasTec Network Solutions is based in Coral Gables, FL and has provided services from San Juan, PR to Seattle, WA and from San Diego, CA to New England.
Role: Tower Technician II
Apply for this job now.