StaffCo Direct are actively recruiting for 20+ permenant HGV Class 2 drivers for one of our well recognised distribution company based in Hemel Hempstead. We are looking for highly motivated, flexible and professional drivers who are able to take on the company's ethos and assist us in the support of our client's day to day operation.
We have start times on both late AM and early PM slots 09:00am-15:00pm starts. We ask drivers are flexible to work between those times.
You will need to pass a 3 hour unpaid assessment (Thoery and Practical) in order to work on this contract.
- The role will involve deliveries and collections in a Class 2 to customer stores UK Wide with an average of 8-10 drops per shift.
- You will be delivering fresh/frozen products
- You will be required to push and pull cages off the lorry
- Some deliveries may include manual unloading
- You will not have to enter the premises
You will be responsible for making sure all delivery logs are signed and accounted for and the role will require you to be well presented, polite, courteous, professional attitude and to represent the client and StaffCo to a high standard at all times.
Breakdown of Salary
Class 2 £20.00 Per hour Monday to Saturday all hours
Attendance bonus of £1000
Applies only to full time (any 5 from 7 shifts) working every other Saturday
Minimum 95% attendance/1 week holiday
· Pre-arranged holidays - advised at outset, accepted up to 2 weeks
· No further holidays accepted
Payable after 3 months
What we are looking for:
- Class 2 UK issued License is required
- Current and Valid CPC and DIGI TACH0
- No more than 6 penalty points (no IN DR or DD codes)
- Excellent level or English
- Excellent knowledge of the UK road network
- Good Timekeeping
- Customer care focused
- Well presented
- Professional attitude
Disclaimer: Please note the rates advertised are inclusive of hourly holiday pay. You do have the option to accrue holiday pay weekly, please call should you require further information.
Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous upon application of this role.