Plant Operations Manager
Looking to have a meaningful impact on the world through cutting-edge cleantech on a global scale? Join LanzaJet, Inc., one of the world's leading clean energy technology companies focused on decarbonizing the transportation sector. LanzaJet produces sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) and sustainable diesel fuel through its patented technology and process. LanzaJet's unique and innovative approach to produce certified, drop-in jet and diesel fuels using sustainably certified ethanol as the feedstock for an ASTM allowed pathway.
LanzaJet's history started 15 years ago in New Zealand when LanzaTech was founded to develop carbon recycling technology. Over that period and by working with the US Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Lab, an innovative approach was developed, approved, and scaled to produce low-carbon jet and diesel fuels from ethanol feedstock. This creates localized feedstock solutions across the globe by leveraging waste sources as the commodity for ethanol production.
The launch of LanzaJet, with financial contributions from our investors Suncor Energy, Mitsui, LanzaTech, and support from ANA, has set the stage for the accelerated commercialization of LanzaJet's proprietary sustainable fuels technology. LanzaJet's first commercial-scale refinery in Georgia, partially supported by US Department of Energy funding through LanzaTech, is in the final design, with production planned to start in 2022. LanzaJet's first commercial-scale refinery in Georgia is in the final design, with production planned to start in 2022. Three additional commercial-scale low-carbon fuel refineries are planned by 2025, creating a cumulative production of 100 million gallons of low-carbon jet and diesel fuels - a nearly 10x increase to the amount of sustainable aviation fuel available in the market today. LanzaJet is partnering with companies worldwide to strategically advance the deployment of its technology in Asia, the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East.
Join a fast-growing, innovative company with a global and long-lasting impact by sustainably fueling the future!
LanzaJet Freedom Pines is assembling our core team in Soperton Georgia in preparation for the construction and startup of our SAF facility. For the ideal candidate, we have a unique and exciting opportunity to join LanzaJet Freedom Pines leadership team as Operations Manager. This role reports directly to the Plant Manager with the opportunity to develop their Operations team from creation of the organizational structure as well as leading the team to operate the facility. In addition to the development of the operations group, the Operations Manager will be actively involved with final detailed engineering and construction of our facility.
As the Freedom Pines Fuels Plant Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the ongoing engineering and construction of the facility
- Design the Operations organizational structure and lead selection, training, and continuous development of this team.
- Lead Operations Specialist to execute best-in-class safety, process safety and environmental performance
- Support development and lead implementation of Standard Operating, Emergency Response, and Process Safety procedures
- Develop production KPIs with input from engineering and others. Implement systems to monitor and maintain group accountability for meeting KPIs.
- Manage department budgets and production goals to meet or exceed plan performance
- Manage and evaluate equipment, utilities, and infrastructure resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering degree is strongly preferred. However, other Bachelor technical degrees may be considered with demonstration of process knowledge.
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in chemical, petroleum refining/petrochemical, or other closely related industry
- Minimum of 5 years of direct operational leadership in a 24/7 operating facility
- Basic understanding of Occupational/Process Safety, Environmental compliance, and Maintenance practices in chemical, petroleum refining/petrochemical, or other closely related industry
- Strong technical knowledge of process operations including reaction chemistry, distillation, heat transfer and related operational concepts.
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills including proficiency with both written and verbal technical communication
- Preferred experience:
- Construction, commissioning, and startup of refining, petrochemical, chemical processes, or other closely related industry
- Training and development of process operators
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaJet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Powered by JazzHR