Senior Product Development Engineer, Injection Blow Molding
What makes this an awesome opportunity in blow molding?
- You are helping people live BETTER LIVES with the products you are developing. This is a non-automotive, science-based career. You are contributing to making the world a better place.
- This is an environment of RESPECT, not a cut-throat operations environment.
- This company is willing to INVEST in new, novel technology to spur continued growth. You will participate in this growth. Truly the state of the art.
- This is a product-development position, not an operations position. You are not going to be dealing with day-to-day process problems. You are focused on developing new products for the FUTURE of their company.
- The benefits are awesome…medical, life, retirement….all AMAZING.
- The company is financially very secure, growing, and very profitable.
Summary: This position is the senior corporate engineering lead for product development, with primary responsibility for all facets of new projects (special focus on new process design for new products), from product and tooling design, testing, approvals, taking projects commercial. This position is a highly visible role, and your office will be in a corporate setting. The exact city for this position is confidential, and we are advertising it widely, nation-wide.
RESPONSIBILITIES: SENIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- The role will “lean” towards the design of new processes during NPD and R&D efforts.
- Provide input on new blow molded product design and tooling design.
- Manage key projects from cradle to grave, creating product specifications in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- FMEA’s, DOE’s, Statistical Analysis. Product validation activities for tooling, equipment, and processes.
- Ensure appropriate testing for functional use and agency approval is done on time and within budget.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SENIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering or another 4-year Technical / engineering degree…or 8 years of on-target experience.
- 4 years of product/tooling design, process creation, product development experience with injection blow molded products (extrusion blow molding will not work).
- Strong product approval, qualification & validation experience in blow molding (tooling and products) is required.
- Strong FMEA, DOE, SPC, root cause analysis experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required. Solidworks or other 3-D design software experience would be a feather in your cap.
Role: Corporate Product Development Engineer, Injection Blow Molding
Apply for this job now.