A Manufacturing / QA Engineer job in Philadelphia, PA In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Supplier Manufacturing operations to maintain highest level of productivity and quality possible; evaluating and developing methods to produce and assemble supplier to improve cost, quality and schedule; and planning, developing and facilitating the implementation of processes and procedures required to ship parts on time. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or equivalent in Manufacturing Technology or equivalent experience; 6+ years related experience and/or training in Manufacturing Engineering or related profession in high tech industry assembling, designing or testing electrical and electro-mechanical products for the Defense Industry and recent experience in machine shop fabrication. Six+ month contract.
Manufacturing Engineer Duties:
• Coordinate with Engineering, Planning, and Procurement to drive production schedule demands and to resolve technical problems as they arise.
• Supplier surveillance to include prioritization, capacity analysis, production and production tooling and production schedule improvements
• Participate effectively in non-conformance - cause and corrective action tasks, liaison with engineering and quality for disposition and approval.
• Liaison between supplier and engineering to get drawing issues; non-conformance - pre-disposition, cause and corrective action resolved in a timely manner that does not impact the production schedule
• Communicate effectively and closely with team on any potential issues that may affect delivery
• Work with online tracking tools to review status and supply accurate data.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
• Knowledge of production of electrical /mechanical hardware and materials to military/industry requirements and specifications with the understanding and familiarity with military/industry quality component types.
• Amazing to have - strong background in PWA/PWB process and manufacturing
• Amazing to have strong knowledge in SMT and component testing
• Understanding and experience to design of assembly aids and tooling.
• Experience in the selection of manufacturing tools and capital equipment used to improve production.
• Knowledge of transformer and electro/mechanical schematic wiring diagrams.
• Understanding and experience of processes and procedures required to manufacture and assemble cables/harnesses, magnetics, electro/mechanical sub assemblies, assemblies, and systems.
Role: MANUFACTURE / QUALITY ENGINEER WITH SUPPLY CHAIN (CONTRACT)
Apply for this job now.