Our client is seeking an EH&S Technician to join their team. This is an entry level role with room for growth. This position will help set the foundation for a career in laboratory safety management.
Duties: Pick up medical (biohazardous) waste from laboratories and take it down to our storage area for shipout. The position may also entail collecting chemical and radioactive waste from laboratories and processing it for shipment offsite, receiving radioisotopes, and testing emergency showers and eyewashes.
Although previous relevant experience is preferred, the most important quality we are looking for is dependability and someone with a strong work ethic who does not shy away from physical labor, and the desire to learn. Picking up biohazardous waste requires a lot of walking and lifting.
- Assist with the collection and processing of hazardous waste.
- Assist with receipt, delivery of radio isotopes and processing of radioactive waste
- Assist with the collection of biohazardous waste
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to wear a respirator and other personal protective equipment
- Ability to succesffuly complete required safety training
- Education / training in a related science field a bonus.
- EH&S experience a bonus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at #removed#