Litigation Legal Assistant - Hartford, WI
Experienced, reliable litigation legal assistant is being recruited to join our growing national legal team. In this position, you will be responsible for documenting and understanding legal proceedings in local and national settings including utilization of PACER, ECF systems and e-filing. Organizational and exceptional written /oral communication skills are a must. Candidates requiring a flexible schedule, including part-time, will be considered. Paralegals with legal assistant skills are encouraged to apply.
- PTO accrual of 40 hours after 90-day orientation period
- Flexible work start-time after 90-day orientation period
Litigation Legal Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist partner level lawyers and paralegals
• Converse directly with lawyers, clients, administrative staff, clerical personnel, courtroom staff members
• Prepare first drafts of correspondence, pleadings and proofreading legal documents
• Schedule appointments and maintain a detailed calendar
• Maintain and organize electronic case management files
Litigation Legal Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
• Experience as a litigation legal assistant
• Familiarity with litigation legal procedures locally and nationally
• Computer skills, including word-processing programs, case management programs, timekeeping programs and court filing protocols; MS Office PowerPoint and Excel training and experience preferred
• Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
Salary is negotiable, health/dental insurance provided, 401(k) with employer match. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full range of insurance services are offered by the experienced attorneys at MWL, including exceptional and knowledgeable representation in the areas of subrogation, civil litigation defense, workers’ compensation defense, insurance coverage, and defense of product liability claims with a focus on Asian manufacturers.
Role: Legal Assistant (Litigation)
Apply for this job now.