A Controls Designer creates electrical and pneumatic schematics, analyzes prints, troubleshoots and debugs electrical and pneumatic designs, determines material and component specifications, writes programming to operate machinery, understands electrical and pneumatic devices and how they work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create pneumatic and electrical prints.
- Read and analyze electrical and pneumatic prints.
- Test operations of assemblies.
- Verify conformance of components to customer specifications.
- Create bill of materials.
- Perform test and de-bug activities.
- Develop basic programs to operate devices and machines.
- Use voltmeters, ammeters and oscilloscopes.
- Understand proper wiring methods.
- Have good computer skills and proficiency in software to design, ladder logic and machine controls.
- Have a basic understanding electrical and pneumatic devices.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School and Vocational Technical School with 5+ years of experience as a controls technician.
- Associates degree in electrical engineering technology and 2+ years as a controls technician.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering.
- 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Work in standing position continuously.
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor.
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- VISUAL ACUITY: Near acuity with or without accommodation.
- HEARING Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose.
The Controls Designer is occasionally subjected to:
- High noise levels from operation machines.
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts.
- Breathing fumes, dust and mist.
- Skin exposure to oil and fluids.
MISCELLANEOUS JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Communication skills in a team environment.
- Travel to customer or supplier locations as necessary.
- Works under the direction of the Business Unit Manager.
For more than three decades, ATC Automation ( A TASI Group company) has provided highly engineered solutions and systems for a variety of industries. So, you might say we're just like everyone else. But we're different.
ATC Automation's team structure and function separates us from other automation companies. While most companies also talk about a team environment, ours takes the concept to the next level. Instead of pulling team members from a "pool" for each project, our teams stay together. The one exception is that the customer becomes part of the team. This creates synergy throughout the team, complimenting each other's strengths.
While their talents and skills may differ, their focus remains the same: providing an automation solution that meets or exceeds all expectations. And our customers play vital roles in our teams as well, giving each team a unique sense of unity and cohesiveness that can't be found anywhere else. In fact, our teams function like an extension of our customer's company, giving them their very own design/build division.
Three decades of experience
More than 250 employees
134,000 square-foot facility located in Cookeville, Tenn.
A TASI Group company
ISO 9001:2008 registered
24/7 service availability
Solid Works, CAD
Custom and Build-to-Print
On-site installation support, training, operation manuals and customer service
100% Cross-functional team based
Role: Entry Level Controls Designer-Automation
Apply for this job now.