Heavy Equipment Operator
O.L. Thompson Construction Co., Inc. is currently seeking Heavy Equipment Operators to support their Charleston area projects.
For over 65 years, O.L. Thompson Construction Co., Inc. has served as one of the tri-county area’s premier site-work construction firms. Our main emphasis is in the area of site development, material handling, and transportation; our current scope of work includes demolition, clearing, grubbing, excavation, storm drainage, sanitary sewer, potable water, concrete, curbing, asphalt paving, and material recycling & processing. We have the capabilities to perform a turnkey operation in the area of site development.
Roles and Responsibilities
· The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating heavy earth moving equipment in support of company grading and site operations.
- Operate one or more types of heavy equipment such as a dozer, track hoe/excavator, or motor grader to prepare undeveloped job sites to meet job required grades.
- Construct/grade new roads, building pads and water retention ponds to proper slope and grade specifications.
- Operate equipment efficiently to maintain production goals.
- General housekeeping and maintenance checks of equipment including reporting usage/utilization hours on a daily basis or as directed by supervisor.
- The use of a shovel to move material will be necessary.
- Ability to work in the tri-county area.
- Keep company work site clean and orderly and inform management of any safety concerns.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as directed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- More than one year of equipment operation experience.
- Experience operating one or more pieces of earth moving equipment (dozer, grader, etc…).
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet company employment standards.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 90 pounds.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends required.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, loud noises, etc.
- 18 years of age.
- Experience operating equipment during site development.
- Proficient at building retention ponds to required slopes.
- Capable of programming GPS installed devices.
- Experience fine grading with various types of equipment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, EAP, Vision, 401K with company match and Profit Sharing, Vacation and Holiday
O.L. Thompson Construction Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“EEO is the Law” #removed#/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
O.L. Thompson Construction Co., Inc. is a sitework construction company based in Charleston, SC. Serving the tri-county area since 1948, we have the capabilities to perform a turnkey operation in the area of site development.
Our work involves private, public, government, and commercial development projects. Previous project costs range from a few thousand dollars to in excess of 60 million dollars. We are a South Carolina Unlimited, Highway, General Contractor.
Role: Heavy Equipment Operator
Apply for this job now.