Our client, an automotive parts manufacturer, is seeking an experienced Quality Control Engineer to come join their growing team based in North Vernon, Indiana.
Our candidate of choice will be responsible for implementing and monitoring controls for all parts and SPC program per the control plan and summarizes status of SPC program for management at specified intervals. In addition, you will also oversee preparation of production sample paperwork and supervises various performance testing and continuous testing for validation of product per established procedures.
- Understand and implement Customer Specific Requirements and customer product specifications.
- Responsible for assisting production with quality issues and improvements.
- Complete customer part approval submissions (PPAP) including all necessary AIAG reference manuals and requirements such as MSA, Control Plans, etc.
- Oversee/implement and train on MRE Safe Launch and customer early launch requirements such as GP12, etc.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing product Control Plans in coordination with engineering documents (FMEAs and Flow charts).
- Assist in root cause analysis for internal/external concerns and review corrective actions for verification of implementation and determination of effectiveness.
- Review SNCRs (supplier concerns) for closure.
- Review and approve supplier PPAPs.
- Review and analyze warranty data (via applicable customer systems) and all field returns and complaints.
- Coordinate problem solving and institute procedures and corrective actions to prevent recurrence for customer concerns and warranty returns.
- Implement, review and support SPC requirements as documented in control plans. Also, to report on and implement reaction plans and if needed promote process and/or product change request.
- Review, understand and implement all applicable customer or product test specifications as shown on prints, referenced in quote packages or otherwise documented as contractual obligations.
- Comply and conform to all applicable QMS documentation to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 & IATF 16949 and Customer Specific Requirements.
- Assist in continuous improvement projects.
- College degree in a technical field preferred.
- Experience in all phases of Quality Assurance.
- Hands on Quality experience in an ISO/TS 16949 environment.
- Proven experience in the focus areas of FORD, FCA and GM Warranty systems and Tier 2 supplier quality.
- Experience with automotive part approval process.
- Computer software applications experience.
- Knowledge of Current Customer Specific Requirements and AIAG Core tools
- Understanding of ISO 9001 &IATF 16949
- Personal qualifications must include a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people, exceptional oral and written communication skills, dedication to hard work, a good work ethic and team cooperation is a must.
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision
- Bi-weekly pay
- 401K with match
- Opportunities for advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and PTO
- Company sponsored picnics, employee recognition programs, and family events
- Discounts on cell phone accounts and various memberships
Please apply today for immediate consideration.
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!
Role: Quality Control Engineer
Location: North Vernon,
Apply for this job now.