We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial & Residential Maintenance Technician to join our team. This position requires someone with strong mechanical knowledge, carpentry, electrical and plumbing skills.
We offer competitive pay, health, dental, and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, consistent, long-term work, paid holidays, paid time off, company vehicle, and company matching Retirement Plan.
- Strong mechanical knowledge, carpentry skills, electrical and plumbing skills; solid knowledge of commercial & residential property maintenance troubleshooting and repair; preventative maintenance and painting and drywall repair.
- Positive work ethic (timeliness, dependability, hard-working, positive attitude, team player)
- Three to five years experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
- Clean Driving Record and pass a comprehensive background check
- Ability to work overtime/weekends and on-call as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Occasional travel required and may include overnight stays.
- A willingness to learn new techniques and adapt to changing priorities in the schedule
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner as a positive representative of the company both to the customer and public.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Building or repairing doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools, circular saw, reciprocating saw, etc.
- Replacing walls, floors, and subfloors using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Completing necessary maintenance on commercial and residential units for move-in utilizing equipment typical of the Commercial and Residential Maintenance Technician/Carpenter trades.
- Interact with customers to ensure proper and accurate communications exist.
- Document all work performed by accurately completing work orders, equipment log sheets, etc.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a timely basis.
At Schwarz Properties we believe that our teammates are the foundation of our success. Come join our family where we work smarter, not harder, and are passionate about what we do.
Please no outside recruiters or websites need contact us.
Schwarz Properties was founded in 1960 by Jeff Schwarz and is currently one of the largest self-managed real estate companies in the Southeast with over 20 million square feet of industrial space, 300 retail spaces, and 1000 residential units.
We are dedicated to employee longevity through a partnership that includes honesty, integrity, professionalism and quality workmanship. We provide our customers with quality, personalized service, by trained staff.
Role: Commercial & Residential Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.